Fort Garry Lions Code of Conduct
1) Respect our coaches, executive, players, officials and our volunteers. Treat everyone as you want to be treated.
2) Respect the other clubs’ players, coaches and all other opposition personnel.
3) Remember that players play the sport for their enjoyment. They are not doing it to entertain the public.
4) Do not have unrealistic expectations for the athletes and the coaches. Remember, this is not a professional sport.
5) Respect and abide by all game officials calls. We cannot play a game without officials. They are learning along with our players and coaches.
6) Do not tolerate unacceptable behaviour towards players, coaches, opposition, officials or spectators.
7) Remain open to constructive criticism and show respect and consideration for different points of view.
8) Accept the role as a teacher and role model for fair play especially with young athletes.
9) Respect other clubs’ grounds and do not leave a mess or a situation which will reflect badly on our club.
10) HAVE FUN!! This has to be fun for everyone to be worthwhile.
11) Players play, coaches coach, parents volunteer and enjoy the game.